FBI Seizes Eric Swalwell's Devices In Federal Sexual Misconduct Probe
Federal agents seized former U.S. Rep. Eric Swalwell's phone and searched his Washington, D.C., home on Saturday, August 15, 2026, as part of a federal sexual-misconduct probe.[1]
CBS News reported the FBI executed search warrants and seized devices in connection with the investigation.[2] MS NOW said at least one woman who accused Swalwell of sexual assault was interviewed by the FBI earlier in 2026.[1]
Swalwell resigned from Congress in April 2026 after multiple women alleged sexual misconduct, including sexual assault.[1] He has denied the sexual-assault allegations while acknowledging unspecified "mistakes in judgment." MS NOW
CBS News first reported that agents executed warrants and seized Swalwell's devices as part of the federal probe.[2] MS NOW's reporting supplied the August 15 date and said agents searched his Washington home during the operation.[1]
Show source details & analysis (2 sources)
📌 Key Facts
- The FBI seized former Rep. Eric Swalwell's phone and searched his Washington, D.C., home on Saturday, August 15, 2026, as part of a federal sexual misconduct probe (former Rep. Eric Swalwell's phone).
- At least one woman who accused Swalwell of sexual assault was interviewed by the FBI earlier in 2026; the outlet is withholding her name for privacy (one woman).
- Swalwell resigned from Congress in April 2026 after multiple women alleged sexual misconduct, including sexual assault (Swalwell resigned from Congress).
- Swalwell has denied the sexual-assault allegations while acknowledging unspecified "mistakes in judgment" (mistakes in judgment).
- The account of the seizure, search and related interviews was reported by MS NOW on Thursday, August 20, 2026 (MS NOW).
📰 Source Timeline (2)
Follow how coverage of this story developed over time
- An MS NOW source said the FBI seized former Rep. Eric Swalwell's phone on Saturday, August 15, 2026.
- The same source said the FBI raided and searched Swalwell's home in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, August 15, 2026, as part of the sexual misconduct investigation.
- MS NOW reported that at least one woman who accused Swalwell of sexual assault was interviewed by the FBI earlier in 2026 about her allegation, though the outlet is withholding her name for privacy.
- The article reiterates that Swalwell resigned from Congress in April 2026 after multiple women alleged sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, which he has denied while admitting to unspecified 'mistakes in judgment'.